School visits by Parents, guardians and well-wishers
Visitor: The term “visitor” shall be applied to Include any person not legally employed to serve the, Department of Education and/or Stanmore Primary School and any learner, who is not registered at our school.
- No educator is to receive visitors In the classroom without the approval of the Principal or in his/her absence the next senior member bf the SMT.
- All visitors must call at the office, sign the visitors’ register, and Indicate, herein,
- the purpose of the visit,
- the time of arrival and
- the time of departure.
- If the visitor is a parent/guardian, then the name of the learner and his/her grade must be reflected.
- If the visitor has been requested to come to school to discuss matters pertaining to a learner, then a note from the office outlining the details of the visit must be given to the educator.
The educator is to file these notes carefully for future reference.
- Visits by parents/guardians to discuss a learner’s progress shall be restricted to MONDAYS TO FRIDAYS at 14:00. Grade R educators have their designated days and times.
- Educators may not be interviewed by insurance agents, commercial travellers or other
sales–persons during school hours. Prior arrangements will be made with reputable agents
to meet with staff after instruction times if the matters are of general concern.
- In all educator interactions with parents/guardians a very high degree of professionalism must be maintained. There will be no attempt to be too familiar with parents/ guardians as educators will not be in the position to grant favours at a later stage.